Sunday, September 9, 2012

Reading the New 52: Issue #1: Superman Action Comics


by Grant Morrison, Rags Morales and Rick Bryant

Cover: Superman in jeans, a t-shirt and a cape with bullets bouncing off him over astonished onlookers in a traffic jam. Is a cape and tee not a fashion faux pas? I actually like this cover a lot. Superman has a kind of shit eating grin on his face.



Look at that impish face.

Story: Superman is beating up on oligarchs in Metropolis. And there are cell phones. He does look pretty different as Clark Kent, all nerdy. I bet his voice is completely altered as well. That would go a ways as a disguise.

We see him take bullets that bounce off, stop a wrecking ball, leap a tall building in a single bound, stop a speeding bullet train...

Oh wow yeah.

Did I mention I'm Canadian?



Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen and Lex Luthor get brief look ins. I'm not that intrigued by them.

Keep or Drop: Keep, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment